I am agape.

Recipes with some ranting. Ok. Ranting with some recipes.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Whipping Cream Biscuits

These were the first biscuits I learned to make and they remain my favorites. My other recipes...well I'd just as soon eat whomp biscuits as make them. They're just too bothersome. Whipping Cream Biscuits are not only easy but o so good! I have never ever once made enough so that there were leftovers. I have successfully doubled and tripled this recipe.

1 1/2 cup unsifted flour
3/4 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder (do yourself a favor and get single action because it will never be bitter, I buy Rumford http://www.rumfordworld.com/htdocs/products.htm
1/2 pint cream

preheat oven 425

Whip cream, blend in dry stuff lightly, the dough will be stiff. Turn onto a floured board and knead slightly and lightly. Roll dough out to about 3/4 inch and cut your biscuits with a knife or biscuit cutter. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Makes 10-12 wonderful biscuits.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammn, gotta say you make your recipies sound so easy! That one sounds like 10 mins prep to oven!.. It may take me 30 mins.. but it sounds like 10 mins, so it might just happen over here in NJ in my new big kitchen, where I finally have all the space my Kithen aid mad mixer needs. It will finally have a prominent home on the actual counter top, therefore... it will get used! :))

8:53 PM  
Blogger Perkywarrior said...

Woo Whee! You have a new kitchen and a kitchenaid? You lucky wench you!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home